RESPECT IN THE WORKPLACE
You Have to Give It to Get It It doesn’t matter RESPECT: You Have to Give It to Get It It doesn’t matter whether it’s personal or professional; we all want to be treated with RESPECT. Many of us demand to be respected but don’t give respect in return. That is a huge problem.
You can’t expect to receive what you are not willing to give. When dealing with human beings, many incidents or problematic situations could be eliminated if the individuals involved were treated with dignity and respect.
Here are a few suggestions to help you maintain and keep respect in the workplace:
- Make sure that you treat everyone the same; it does not matter what their age, gender, size, religion, origin, or race is. We are all equal, so make sure you treat everyone that way.
- It is so important that we treat people in a polite and professional manner. Be courteous and always show kindness. Never allow anyone to criticize, insult, or put people down. If this occurs make sure you handle the situation, and initiate the disciplinary process if necessary. That type of behavior will not be tolerated.
- One of the best things you can do for employees is to let them feel free to express their ideas and opinions. If you use an employee’s idea let them in on the process. Make sure you acknowledge any employee whose idea you have used.
- You must listen and hear what others have to say. Make sure the individual is expressing themselves. Do not start speaking before they are done or try to talk over them to make a point, it is rude and disrespectful.
- Involving all your employees in the workplace activities is so important. Of course not all employees can attend meetings, open forums, events or training sessions at the same time. Make sure half of the coworkers attend and participate in the workplace activities. Once the first half has completed their activities and return, then send the other half of the coworkers so they can attend. Your employees should all have the same opportunities to participate in everything. Employees should be encouraged to develop teams and work together whenever possible.
- Show your employees positive reinforcement. Recognize, acknowledge, and share when employees have done a great job. Teach your employees the importance of honoring their coworkers for a job well done. It’s important they learn to appreciate each other and want to recognize each other for doing excellent work I hope that these suggestions are of use to you and your employees.
The key thing to remember is to treat each other with respect. Everyone deserves to be treated with dignity and respect.
Source of article:
RESPECT In The Workplace: You Have to Give It to Get It!